Friday, October 5, 2007

Day 45, TGIF!

Thank goodness it's Friday. And I have a full dance card this weekend. This evening after work I have been invited to a little post-work cocktail party. Nothing fancy but a chance to meet friends new and old. Tomorrow I will attempt to cram a weeks worth of chores and errands into a single day then Sunday I am volunteering for a local charity at a neighborhood street fair.

Through self medication I managed quite a bit of sleep last night. A couple extra glasses of wine and a Benadryl works wonders. I did have one long, surreal, convoluted Chantix dream. At certain points I was dreaming in my dream. And with such visceral effect I had trouble sorting out real from imaginary this morning. In fact at one point I woke with a start believing, feeling that the events in my dream within a dream were in fact very real. Of course they were not but it was unnerving.

Since I am not going home right after work and will be drinking I elected to take public transportation this morning. It was such a pleasure to be among people and see the city with a leisurely perspective for a change. I just missed the MUNI J line so I took an historic F line car which noisily makes its way down Market Street. I forget to appreciate where I am.

Thirty five days smoke free and $263.00 saved according to GetQuit. It's good to be reminded of that, too. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Tracee Sioux, Sioux Ink: Soul Purpose Publishing said...

Super excited you quit too! Everyone should quit. But, when you quit you have to figure out new coping strategies. I've got a blog about that over at Quit Coping at www.quitcoping.com . Can we exchange links? I'll add you to mine now.

Chris said...

Happy to exchange - I love quitters! That is such a sad painful image, you smoking through your child crying out of fear of loosing you. I am so glad you managed to quit for yourself, her and all our friends and loved ones.

Anonymous said...

Chris, glad you finally got some sleep! Hope you have fun with your busy and smoke-free self.

MsTekLady said...

Hey, Chris. Congrats on 35 smoke-free days! Yaaay!

I know what you mean about unnerving dreams. I've never had a bad or scary Chantix dream, but I've had several that are so vivid & so real, that the line between dream and reality is blurred for several minutes after I first wake up. Crazy!!!

Glad to hear that somebody is going out and doing stuff! :-) I'm still in "hermit mode", by choice, so I basically just go to work and come home. I'm just not ready to do the social thing yet and to, possibly, be in a situation with smokers. From past quits, I know this is the best way for me. Some time around the 2nd or 3rd month into my quit, I can start venturing out!

Have a great weekend and keep up the good work!