Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Day 71, Happy Halloween!

In addition to being Halloween today is the two month mark for me. Two months smoke free and I lost track of how long it's been since I took Chantix. (I tapered off and quit the drug before the prescribed twelve weeks.) So far so good!

Last night I was watching television after a good meal when it hit - a five point six earthquake in the South Bay. I've been through my share of quakes but this one was a roller that lasted a while. The kind that makes you think "Should I put on some proper clothes?" "No, really, maybe I should get up in case this one is serious." If you have to stop to think about what to do it is no small quake. Of course it was not serious but a reminder that eventually the next big one will come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, 2 months. That is awesome! I do not miss earthquakes from when I lived in Japan. I was amazed when they said not to smoke after one because of busted gas pipes (or something), and I thought I'd just *have* to smoke, even if I blew up. Silliness.

MamaFlo said...

BRAVO!!!
I'm proud of your accomplishment Chris, how could any of us fail when we have this support system.
You are a couple weeks ahead of me but I'm running to catch up as fast as I can! LOL :)

Keep going Chris, you are doing fantastic!!!!