Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Day 42, Cranky Today

I'm somewhat cranky today and notice I get that way more often lately. It does not help that my promotion seems to have fizzled. Yesterday was supposed to be my first official day in a different department. I have had meetings with my new manager, whom I like, and packed up my desk only to discover there is no new desk assignment. So I am in limbo of sorts. This is after three and a half years of hard work and toil and frankly below market compensation. But it is a very good, stable company. So I was looking at this as appreciation for my patience. Grrr...

Long, crazy Chantix dream last night. Sad too though not for me but the people I was trying to help. A very dysfunctional family with serious issues. Weird, huh?

32 days smoke free and $240.00 saved...

2 comments:

MamaFlo said...

Wow, 2 promotions/pay increases in one month - Way to Go!!
You should consider your decision to quit smoking and the money you are saving as a promotion/pay increase because that's exactly what it is, not to mention a life saver!!!

Keep up your QUIT and know we are rooting for your continued success.

Anonymous said...

Yowch, I'd be cranky, too, in that kind of situation. Like MamaFlo said, at least you are ahead the money that would have been spent on poison, so that's a good thing. I do hope the work thing is sorted out and that you still wind up recognized for your hard work.