Thursday, October 18, 2007

Day 58, Getting Good At Quiting

I forgot to bring my Chantix to work yesterday. Since dropping to half a pill a day I was taking it after lunch. By the time I got home I felt OK so I didn't bother taking it. I still feel OK this morning and left it at home so I'll try quitting which makes yesterday my first real day without it. No serious cravings although I think about them (cigarettes) occasionally. I suppose that is to be expected given that I smoked thirty or more times a day for over twenty years. Thoughts of such long-ingrained habits are slow to fade.

Today marks forty eight days smoke free and $360.00 saved.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, awesome! I agree - you are getting good at this quitting thing ;) Keep going. You are doing great!

MamaFlo said...

Congratulations!!
I'm beginning to think that I may be a person who always thinks about what I gave up (notice I said "gave up" cigarettes/smoking).
Keep moving forward, just don't smoke!

Homestead Blogging said...

Best of luck to you on quitting your Chantix. I tried to, but I wasn't ready. The good thing is that you can always start them again if you have to.

Keep going, you're doing great!