Thursday, October 11, 2007

Day 51, Still Full!

My first day on the half dose of Chantix went well. Perhaps I thought about smoking a little more but suffered the "off" feeling and poor sleep less. After work I went to a friends house who is infamous for cooking enormous quantities of good food. We had been planning a lasagna dinner for a while and finally made it happen last night. Of course, ten pounds of lasagna smothered in home made bolognese sauce would not do. While the lasagna baked and bubbled away in the oven we made a scallopini "appetizer" out of thin-cut pork cutlets he had pounded out ahead of time. Yum! Breaded, fried pork covered with mozzarella and bolognese stacked two high per serving. In my opinion this was a meal in itself. (I am not a big eater.) Plus delicious little red, yellow, and green stuffed peppers. Needless to say I waddled home a few pounds heavier with leftovers to boot!


Today marks forty one days smoke free and $308.00 saved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy, yummy! That sounds really so very good. I love eating.

I'm really glad to hear that cutting back to a smaller dose seems to be working for you. That's really awesome.