Friday, October 26, 2007

Day 66, Friday Already?

I was busy yesterday and (obviously) didn't post. The transfer/promotion is final and I moved to the new department. It is peaceful and quiet and I can focus on the tasks at hand. And they tend to treat people more like valued professionals. There has been no specific discussion around salary so I don't yet know if that has changed. I do know Human Resources did a market survey for this wholly new position so it will be interesting. Hope it didn't go down!

(Ah-oh, I think someone put "leaded" in the decaf this morning.)

Fifty six days smoke free and $420.00 saved and still flying solo (without Chantix).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new spot in a peaceful area (ah, if only...), and I do hope that they send more money your way.

MamaFlo said...

You Go!!! Congratulations, we are all soooo proud of your accomplishments!!!!
Tell us more about this new position, give us something beside smoking to chew on ;).
Again, Way to Go!!!

Chris said...

Well, it's not very interesting to most but I'm officially an Analyst where before I just did an analysts job (and more). So now I focus on core responsibilities and no more side duties.

Specifically, I assist hedge funds which are moving to my companies software get their data into the system correctly so they properly allocate profit and loss to their investors. It's a lot of complex tax accounting mixed with tech. And we are building offshore accounting functionality and signing large foreign (non-US tax) funds which has its own challenges.

Are you asleep yet? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wow, just a bit over my usually brilliant head. You must be one of the smarty pants kind. ;)