Monday, October 8, 2007

Day 38, "Blah..."

Well Monday has arrived too soon as always. I had a reasonably productive though uneventful weekend. Apparently it is Columbus Day and many are off. Lucky...

Not much to tell; pretty "blah" today. But I am happy to report I am smoke free for 38 days now. I am about half way though my second-to-last weekly pack of Chantix and have been thinking about forgoing the third month and tapering down with the final pack. Lord knows it has made quiting easier than I though possible but I am not pleased with the side effects and taking drugs in general. Just a thought...

4 comments:

MamaFlo said...

Hurrah for you - 38 days - WOW!!!
Congratulations, really!!!!!!
Keep going, your inspiration to many people.

Anonymous said...

Chris, yes, Mondays when some lucky ones have the day off are kind of blah... Still, 38 days is good enough reason to celebrate!

I understand being ready to be done with the Chantix. I wanted that last 4 weeks (plus some due to tapering) just be sure my feet were firmly planted, but everyone is different, and you know how firm your feet feel. It's always good to at least check in with the doctor about it, but I do know that plenty have quit the Chantix early and are still smoke-free. You do your thing, and just keep on going.

Is it Friday yet?

MsTekLady said...

Hey Chris! Funny you mention forgoing the third month ...I was thinking the exact same thing today! One part of me says to stay on track and do the entire 12 weeks, while another part of me tells me that I'm o.k. to stop now (I've missed several doses in the last week, and I still feel fine!) Decisions, decisions! I'm still on the fence, but I'll need to decide by Friday, when this month's supply runs out.

Congrats on 38 smoke-free day

Chris said...

Thanks everyone! One day at a time, right?