Friday, October 19, 2007

Day 59, Almost Two Months...

I started taking Chantix fifty nine days ago and quit (ahead of prescribed duration) two days ago. Still, I have managed to remain smoke free for forty nine days now. Nothing much to report; looking once again to a quiet weekend and a little extra rest. Strangely, although I have quit the drug I have woken the last two mornings at around three. I thought it was a fluke but it happened again this morning. After a while I manage to sleep until the alarm sounds but still. All that complaining I did about Chantix messing with my sleep my not have been fair. I am under more stress than usual; maybe its that.

Bought gas this morning which I do every six weeks or so. (I live really close to work and drive little otherwise.) Ouch, $3.35 a gallon - bend over! Just two weeks ago the same station was $3.18, a bargain. Clearly the run up on crude is affecting the local pumps.

Have a great smoke free weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you and congrats on almost 2 months! That's awesome. Gas is getting outrageous again here, too.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on that crap, I hope it doesn't kill you. You might check this site out--www.wrongdiagnosis.com
Check out the muscle-skeleton part. I quit after a month on that crap and wouldn't suggest my worst enemy take it. I am still not smoking after almost 3 months and want to tell everyone the only way to do this is cold turkey. If you don't want to quit bad enough to go that route, you might as well hang it up.

MamaFlo said...

Congratulations on another day of your quit (and without your Chantix to boot)!!

Homestead Blogging said...

You're doing great Chris! Good luck to you now that you're off of Chantix. :)

I just came from town and gas is up a little bit here too but not as bad as where you live. Here it's $2.65.