Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Day 49, Can't Go Back

Last night I elected to skip the evening dose and managed to sleep very well without the aid of Benadryl. Not a very scientific approach with only one data point but hey, I got a good nights sleep. So now I am considering cutting the dosage and taking a half milligram morning and night as I just feel "off" when taking the full dose. I could run this by my doctor but it takes a couple of weeks to get in to see her and I know she has little experience with Chantix. Who knows...

Anyway today I am thirty nine days smoke free and I have not spent $293.00 I would have otherwise. No real cravings but I do have the persistent feeling that I miss them. But we can't go back now, can we.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do know that plenty of doctors have suggested smaller doses for people having some issues with a full dose but still wanting the Chantix. My doctor doesn't require an appointment just to ask about medication, so it might be worth a call to see if yours has any words of wisdom. It doesn't sound like there can be any danger reducing the dose, but I'm not a doctor, so I can only go by what I've heard. Getting a good night's sleep is a very, very good thing, and I'm happy for you!

MsTekLady said...

Congrats on 39 smoke-free days!

Glad to hear you slept well last night. I think it's ok to reduce your dose... of course, that is just my personal, non-medical opinion :-) If it were me and a full does prevented me from sleeping, I'd cut the dose in a heartbeat!