Saturday, September 1, 2007

Day 11, Quit Day!

It's a quarter till Noon and not a single cigarette nor even much of a desire. After cutting down and allowing the Chantix to do its thing I began to realize I was smoking out of habit leading up to today. That is until my ex and I got in to a prolonged tiff. We spent the better part of last night chain smoking and arguing. Just like old times. Honestly I thought I would have to postpone Quit Day but I woke this morning, threw away the dirty ash trays (even my favorite one, good bye old friend...) and gave away the remainder of the pack. I then had a little to eat, a big glass of water, a blue pill and walked to the gym to sign the contract I arranged yesterday. So now I am a non-smoker. Damnit! And yes, I finally slept. Not so too well and no fun dreams but I did sleep.

Many many thanks for all the words of encouragement.

2 comments:

Homestead Blogging said...

Congratulations Chris! You did it! When I first quit, I found that a bottle of water helped me a lot during cravings. I never drank water before, and I didn't necessarily believe all that I read about drinking water during your quit, but believe it or not, it does seem to help for some reason. lol

I had trouble staying asleep for the first 2 weeks. Once past that mark, sleep just kept getting better. 19 days now and sleeping like a baby.

I jealous by the way that you waited it out to quit until you were ready. :)

Keep it up, you're doing great!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on Day One! Glad to hear you are making it through and doing your thing.