Friday, September 7, 2007

Day 17, Back In The Office

A day and a half out sick and you would think all hell broke loose. Not what I wanted to walk in to today. I think I am a little better but I sure don't want to be here right now.

Had a tough evening during and after a long, difficult and at times painful conversation with the ex. Were there a half smoked butt anywhere within sight I would have smoked it to the filter. I even very seriously considered buying a pack. But this was one instance where laziness saved me. I made it through. Last night, anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back among the living. I hear you about coming back into hell after a brief absence, and that's never any fun. Nor ex stuff. Or thinking that even a half butt somewhere sounds appealing. But I've been there, too, and made it just like you. Lazy works if that's what prevented you from going to buy a pack, and whatever works is a good thing. It will get easier again. I promise. Until then, happy cleaning up from being gone at work, and hang in there!

maggie said...

Ugh, I just posted a comment that disappeared. I'm sure I said really great and profound stuff, too. Anyway, I do remember saying just that coming back to work after being gone can be hell, as can dealing with an ex and that if lazy is what prevents us from giving in and buying a pack, then lazy is a friend. Oh, and that it will get easier again. And to feel better. Hang in there, and keep going. You are doing great!

MsTekLady said...

HANG IN THERE,CHRIS! It is not easy, but it does get easier day by day. I agree with Maggie, if laziness kept you from buying cigs, then, so be it! WHATEVER WORKS!! My motto/plan to stay smoke-free is to do what I gotta do "by any means necessary". I will NEVER smoke again! You can DO THIS!!!