Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Day 21, Ah - O...

After polishing off a second helping of buttery mashed potato's last night it occurred to me that I'm gaining weight. And that is one "benefit" of quiting I did not want. Were it not for the awful lingering head cold I would be going to the gym but I still can't breath properly and I don't want to push myself right back into full blown sick. It is time to be more mindful of what and how much I am eating. Something, thankfully, I have never had to do.

Odd Chantix dreams last night. Not bad, just odd. I have read about some horrible stories about possible serious side effects of Chantix and their consequences. I have not experienced anything of the sort and hope none of this is true or related. Still, it does give one pause.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think my walking is the only reason I don't weigh more because I certainly haven't quit eating ;)

Keep going!

MsTekLady said...

Wow! Those horrible stories are just that - horrible!!! Good thing I didn't run across these stories when I did my Chantix research...I probably would have been too scared to try it!

Homestead Blogging said...

You're doing great Chris, keep it up!

I didn't suffer any bad side effects either. The only side effects that I had were totally nicotine withdrawals and I was expecting them. I do wish the heartburn would go away though.

So far, I've only gained 3 lbs and it seems like I'm eating or drinking something all of the time. Maybe the water is helping me plus I have started excersizing.

Keep plugging away Chris and happy belated 1 wk anniversary!

Homestead Blogging said...

You're doing great Chris, keep up the good quit! Sorry I missed your 1 wk anniversary so here's a belated CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm like you, no bad side effects, I just had normal nicotine withdrawals. Most of those are gone but I sure wish the heartburn would leave.

Seems like I'm eating all of the time too, but I've only gained around 3 lbs. I think drinking water and exercising is helping.

Keep tugging away, we're all putting another day under our belts! Woo Hoo!

Hope said...

I agree with msteklady, I'm glad i didn't really know anything about chantix before i started using it.

yeah I'm gaining weight too, I used to go to the gym 4-5 times a week but now I just feel so lazy and blah. I have to really push myself to get off my butt and go.