Thursday, September 6, 2007

Day 16, I Hate Being Sick

I'm a little late posting today. Yesterday I simply could not be useful in the office and returned home after a few hours. Much sleep and as much food as I could stomach and I think I am better today. The fever seems to be gone but my head still feels like a brick. Although the sleep was intermittent due to the inability to breath properly I did have a good dream.

It seems Dad decided to come out of retirement and return to the construction business. Thankfully, he had hired a very capable person to manage the daily operations thus relieving him of the stress. I arrived the day some "iron" was being delivered. Among the equipment was a mint condition Drott 40 like he used to own.


As the dealer stood recounting the machines history us he pulled out a pack of smokes, lit one up and offered one to Dad and me at which point we looked at each other and graciously declined the offer. Although just a dream it was good to get on that old excavator again. And how funny about the exchange between the three of us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the insert of the Drott! It is hard to remember your Dad smoking, but his son will beat the habit also.

MsTekLady said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! HANG IN THERE!!!

Chris said...

Thank you Maggie. I am slowly improving.

Chris said...

oops- Sorry mstek...

Thank YOU!