Monday, September 10, 2007

Day 20, Sigh...Monday

Yesterday I caught up on housework and laundry then met friends later in the day. A typical Sunday, really. What was not typical, or I don't want it to be, is that I had a couple of puffs off a cigarette. I don't really know why and I feel a little foolish. But I'll "shake it off" and put it behind me. I just can't claim "not one puff" as I proudly did before.

The insanity of the work week is again upon us. Another day another dollar give or take.

4 comments:

MsTekLady said...

Yep, just shake it off, Chris!!! Don't let a couple of puffs set you back!

Are you doing the GetQuit online support? It's kind of hokey, but I log in everyday (I figure I paid enough for Chantix, so I'm working every bit of the program! :-) One of last week's topics was: Had a slipup? Get right back on track. So, that's my suggestion to you: it happened, you had a derailment, now just get back on track!

By the way, just curious... did you enjoy the couple of puffs or did they taste gross? During the first week on Chantix when I was still smoking, I started loosing the "pleasure" in smoking almost immediately.

Hang in there!

Chris said...

Thank you. I am back on track. It was stupid and no, I did not enjoy it. In fact it was a menthol - double yuk!

Hope said...

hi chris. glad to see you are back on track. Hope it gets a bit easier every day from here on out :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with the whole back on track thing, and I also think the opposite of whichever you enjoyed smoking (menthol vs not menthol) is probably for the best. Just keep plowing forward, and you'll get to the same spot as all of us.