Friday, November 16, 2007

Day 87, Happy "Fly-day"

The local paper mentioned that today is the busiest day of the year for San Francisco International. Although I will be staying home for the Thanksgiving holiday I know many people are traveling to meet family and friends. "Safe Travels" to all those poor souls who will be battling the transportation system this Thanksgiving.

I am wrestling with a decision today. My normal routine, and I do seem to love routine, is to drop by the old watering hole for a beverage and the pleasant company of the local regulars. Today there is an informal company function after work which, if I attend, will nudge me out of my routine. What to do? Either way I will be free of the need to plan my evening around smoking.

I realized GetQuit stopped asking if I have taken the Chantix as directed, to which I answered no for the last six of the twelve week program. Now it just asked if I have smoked as though it was an option. Ha! Today marks seventy seven days smoke free.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like routine, too. Whatever you do, smoke-free rocks, and whenever you fly, that will make it better, too!

MamaFlo said...

Routine is what kept me smoking all those years (hahaha).
You have been a dear friend Chris and are always there with a shoulder to lean on and words of encouragement.
Smoking has accomplished one significant thing - I've met people like in trying to quit.
Keep going you are doing a fantastic job with your quit!!!