Thursday, November 15, 2007

Day 86, Add Another One...

Last night was my second Movie Night. As I mentioned last week I elected to watch "Naked Lunch," primarily an adaptation of the novel. David Cronenberg wrote the screenplay and directed the film and did a surprising job given the difficult sources. (As anyone who knows of the author, William S. Burroughs, or has read the damn thing can attest.) I especially enjoyed Peter Weller's performance as Bill Lee. I cannot recommend this film if you are not a fan of "Beat" lit or history of the period. After two weeks on this theme I think I'll take a departure. Any suggestions?

Add another one - according to GetQuit today is seventy six days smoke free and $570.00 saved with a 7-day average urge of 2.8 out of 10.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another smoke-free day is always a good thing. I love that you have movie night every Wednesday. I like routines. My pick would be Planes, Trains & Automobiles. Kind of corny but completely hilarious and getting to be that time of year.