Monday, November 12, 2007

Day 83, Back to Work...

Finally it seems to be getting easier. Up until this past week and especially weekend I experienced a near continuous yearning for a smoke. Of course the physical addition is long past so it must be the habitual part still tugging away at my. But that seems to have lost its grip somehow because this weekend I really was not all that bothered by it. Saturday was rainy and gloomy all day - a reminder of what's to come. Thankfully Sunday surprised us with a pleasant blue-skied sunny and nearly warm day. The only disappointment of the day was the Colts game.


Thanks to Chantix and stubbornness I am seventy three days quit, $548.00 saved and my 7-day urge to smoke is down to 2.8 according to GetQuit.

Now back to work!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, so glad it's getting easier! That is awesome. I still have patches here and there, but I love when it's just not much of an issue.

bob m said...

Chris, congratulations for all your hard work. I am about 52 days behind you. I agree that it's more of the "habit" part of smoking. Thanks to Chantix, we are through the physical addiction (hopefully).

I also think our own "stubbornness" is an important part of the equation. I was (and still am) so ready to quit - I think that spurs us on when those cravings try to take over.

Congratulations!

BTW- It's rainy/gloomy here on the east coast, too.