Thursday, August 30, 2007

Day 9, It's Doing Something...

My first full dose day on Chantix brought mixed results. My goal of tapering has been easy and I smoked only eleven cigarettes when normally I would smoke thirty. It was no problem although the lethargy persists. The down side was nighttime. Tuesday night I had trouble sleeping and chalked it up to eating too much for dinner. (I hate to go to bed on a full stomach and I really don't eat that much anyway.) It appears I was wrong and am experiencing side effects because although I was in bed and I was under the covers and in vain I kept my eyes closed I slept very little. Too little. Despite its importance and my love of good sleep it does not come easily to me so this was very disconcerting.

I am all too familiar with drug side effects and realize this will subside in time but at two something this morning I began to wonder whether it was worth it. Then again, temporary lack of sleep does not kill; cigarettes do. Once I finally did sleep I enjoyed a vivid dream for all to short a time. It is not uncommon for me to have intense, lifelike dreams but this was particularly "interesting."

Knowing I am wont to enjoy the evening out after work tomorrow (Friday) I am pushing my quit date to Saturday, September first. That is an easy anniversary to remember.

3 comments:

MsTekLady said...

Glad to hear the Chantix is finally "doing something" for you! Yaay! Like I said in an earlier post, everybody is different, we might have different timetables, but eventually, we all get there. Hang in there!!

Maybe Im Amazed said...

Hey Chris... Thanks for tagging along with me... you are right behind me :) Today is my quit day and so far so good... alothough I am with you on the sleepiness. Headed in for a nap now. Keep on keepin on!
~ Lisa

Anonymous said...

The Chantix dreams are special, aren't they? I'm wishing you more restful sleep, and so glad to hear you have a quit date all picked out!