Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Day 8, First Full Dose

Today will be my first full dose. One milligram in the morning with a light meal and one after dinner. So far no side effects aside from feeling lethargic. But that could be a lot of things. Now I am not exactly sure what to expect but yesterday afternoon I just didn't seem to have a taste for the cigarettes. That is they were somehow less satisfying. It could have been the heat as it was an unusually warm day and standing outside smoking in the blazing sun is less than pleasant. Or it could be the Chantix. The part of my daily routine I need to focus on is once I get home and relax in front of the television. It is too easy to light up mindlessly. It's a long ingrained habit. I bought carrot and celery for snacking and need to incorporate that into my evening routine. Otherwise I am cutting back and feeling pretty good about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are not wanting to even smoke as much. Have you picked a quit date yet? That's the thing that Chantix has helped with so much for me.

Chris said...

Plans have been derailed. My chain smoking ex asked to stay over Monday night and go through some things Tuesday while I was at work. Now that is turning into a week. I can't put someone I care about out on the street but the tension and environment is and will place a heavy strain on my quit plan. Sigh...