Friday, August 24, 2007

Day 3, Positive Headed Into The Weekend

Day three and I face the weekend with enthusiasm. Aside from slipping a bit on my goal of fourteen cigarettes for the day I feel very positive about my prospects. (My biggest trigger is now crystal clear. How to deal with it is something I need to work out.)

Yesterday evening I grabbed my green bag and walked to the grocery for a few things. It's a trip I have made many times and like clockwork I know exactly when to light up so I'm done by the time I arrive at my destination. It's a three plus block walk past some local shops and bars and I decided to leave the cigarettes at home. Well, not only did I actually enjoy the walk I noticed the people on the sidewalk smoking and thought "that was me" and how unhappy and frankly unhealthy they looked. I felt good, not superior, just good. And I have not completely quit yet so I am really enthusiastic about the future.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think knowing your own triggers does really help. One of mine was talking on the phone, so after not calling anyone for awhile at the start of my quit, I had to get creative ;) Now I'm fine with it, but it was worth knowing in advance.

I'd almost forgotten about timing everything according to how long it takes to smoke a cigarette. So very true.

Continued good luck to you! Do let me know if I can add you to the list of other Chantix bloggers over on my blog because you have good stuff to say.

Anonymous said...

Good luck, it does get a lot easier. I just went through the week you are going through right now, and like many others I too have blogged about it at http://quitforgood.wordpress.com/. Hope it helps in making you feel more comfortable on your quit.

MsTekLady said...

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!! Today is Day 7 on Chantix for me and tomorrow is Q-DAY, my quit day! I'm excited & nervous, but mostly I am anxious and READY TO QUIT!! I started my blog for some of the same reasons you listed...to record my journey, specifically my Chantix experience, and to provide honest, unbiased info to others who want to quit.

I must say, the Chantix blogging community has been WONDERFUL!! I truly look forward to daily posts from my "Chantix buddies". I hope you find it as helpful as I have and I'd love to add your blog to my list.

Quitting smoking is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life (I had a many-years-long quit...just started smoking again last April). It won't be easy, but it can be done. We can all do this! Hang in there!

Chris said...

Thank you!

I never imagined such a community existed when I started. It is the most wonderful surprise. I am happy to participate in linking and with permission will do the same.

Good luck everyone...

Anonymous said...

Feel free to link me. You've been added on my blog. Yes, it is incredible having support from others on the same path, isn't it?

MsTekLady said...

Yes, by all means, add my link to your page...I've added yours to mine!