Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Day 1, Getting Started

Today I started taking Chantix in an effort to stop smoking. Literally, less than an hour ago I took my first dose, one half of one milligram with a bagel and a large glass of water in the morning.

After twenty plus years it is (past) time to quit and I am hopeful that with the drug, some good advice and assistance from my health care provider and whatever will I can muster I will succeed. I am documenting my experience in the hope that it will inform and possibly inspire others to follow suit. (We all know what is best, however one quits.) I chose the assistance of this particular drug because I know others who have successfully quit with it. I do not at this time condone its' use nor am I an employee or agent of its' maker, Pfizer. (Nor am I a lawyer so that is about as legal as I can come up with.)

In addition to my experience with the drug, and perhaps more importantly, I intend to document what life is like after cigarettes. Especially after so many years. It is life changing and to be perfectly honest I am nervous. But that is the point isn't it. To be life changing, improving.

Of course, feel free to post questions and comments. I'll endeavor to respond as I continue to document my experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Today is still Chantix Day 78 and Smoke-free Day 66 for me, and I'd say it's working along with my cooperation. I've been blogging about my experience all the way through, too, and it has really helped me. I also read a lot of other blogs by people doing the same, and I've got links to a lot of them on my own blog. Everyone's experience is different enough that it's great to be in contact with other real people doing the Chantix thing.

Good luck to you! I will be reading along with you.

Chris said...

Thank you Maggie,

I did not realize there was such a community out there. I appreciate the opportunity to read about others experiences and, especially, successes.