Friday, January 18, 2008

Pfizer updates Chantix label in U.S. to include warning - MarketWatch

Pfizer updates Chantix label in U.S. to include warning - MarketWatch

I didn't experience increased depression or "suicidal ideation" but I did have issues with other side effects on Chantix. (I was also on antidepressants at the same time - something I think should be studied.) I think Chantix is a good drug and thanks to six weeks of it I am smoke free now for 140 days. Increased awareness and professional monitoring are good things. I just hope this does not discourage smokers who want to quit and need help getting over the initial hurdle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts exactly, Chris. I do hope that folks are not discouraged considering how well Chantix has worked for so many of us, but I also think that people need to pay attention on any medication, especially newer ones, and doctors need to be aware as well. Thankfully I didn't notice any real mood changes on Chantix other than a couple of meltdowns that I've experienced other times when I've quit in the past. That's another reason why it can be tough - what's normal withdrawal, and what's Chantix in play?