Monday, June 30, 2008

Where does the time go?

According to my calculation I have been smoke free for 304 days. The conservative savings estimate is $2,280.00. Not bad during these uncertain times.

Despite approaching the one year mark it is still not as easy as I imagined. There is hardly a day that goes by that I don't at least think about smoking if not actually yearn for it. Of course I still hang out with filthy, disgusting smokers so that doesn't help.

It's a shame Chantix is getting such bad press lately 'cause it worked for me and so many others. Congrats to us all!

3 comments:

Jude said...

You know, it's hard not to think about it when people around us still smoke. dirty birds.

Pat yourself on the back for doing what they haven't been able to. Sometimes I wonder if i will always have this yearning....but there are so many pros, I spose it'a a trade off.

Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Yay for an update! I do still think about smoking every day, too. It's easier because I am so used to dealing with the thoughts, but they are not gone by any stretch. So glad you are still doing fine and getting close to a year. Awesome!

Mz Diva said...

Great to see you at the close to a year mark! I have also saved a TON of money by not sucking in poision and its amazing to think how much of my money has gone up in smoke so to speak! Even with the savings, it is STILL really hard for me too! I guess thats why I continue to blog! I owe a lot to Chantix and my fellow bloggers! Congratulations and keep the faith.
Peace,
Diva